Skip to main content

Hi

I have a requirement where picker  control is having email ids and on submit button ,I need to validate if there are duplicate entries for the same. I am using K2 five and looking if I can apply this validation in smartform.

I have tried for loop for all in picker control and compared using advanced condition where if email matches the string but not able get what I want

Please help

Hi,
To understand: is it one picker with multiple values (email) and you need to check if there is any duplicate or it is multiple picker in the form?
Regards,
JJ
it is one picker control with multiple values(email) and after adding all email ids ,on submit button i need to validate if any duplicate entries exist or not
Hello,
To check whether a picker contains duplicates or not,
you have to retrieve each element of the picker in a loop and search for it in the rest of the picker (the right part to the element).
Here are the configurations :
NB: Our picker contains names instead of emails
1) a)  Create an expression that concatene an element to picker (with the ";") (see the image ex_element)

b) Do the same for the whole picker because in the control, the last element of the picker has no ";"  at the end. (see the image ex-Picker)

2)  Create an expression that retrieves the size of the remaining string to the right of the searched element (here dl_Element is a data label that contains the result of section 1a)) (see the image ex_length)
3) Create an expression that retrieves the right sub-string in relation to the searched element .(see the image ex_right)

4) Create a button and when the button is clicked, making a loop that retrieves each element of the picker and making the search using the expression mentioned in 3). (see the image Loop)
- The first data transfer transfers the expression from part 1) to a data label (dl_element in our case).
- The second data transfer calls expression 3) in a data label (dl_Right)
- The rule  "verification"  contains a advanced condition that checks if the searched element is contained in the data label dl-right
(see the image advancedcondition)
I use K2 5.1. I added the package for the view I've been testing. You can install it and see how it works.
       Mireille From Flow Factory