Skip to main content

I have a smartobject generated from a SQL instance. The "List" method returns value from a single row (let say columns A,B and C) when we provide an input value to a field(let say A). 
I am interested in one column field(C) in that row. How to get just that one value? 

I tried creating a advanced smartobject but could not find the right way to do it. 

I want to map that value in the workflow . Is there  a way to filter the value of column "C" ? 

Stored procedure is one solution , in such case, but I just want to explore if there is a way to do the same in K2. 

Hello Chaa,

When you add a SmartObject reference in your workflow to your generated SQL SmartObject, the context browser will show the item reference. If you expand that reference, you will be able to drag the single "Column C" field into any step in the workflow to only consume that value in your process.

Alternatively, you can create a view on the database that only shows the "Column C" values, then refresh your SQL service instance and subsequent SmartObject. However, if you have the requirement of filtering return values based off of "Column A", you will need to also include that in your view.

Cheers,

qT

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of information provided by any forum member.

Thanks  will try it.