Skip to main content

Hi,

Anyone know how to create the following in a Workflow? I want to do a lookup of a Smartobject that contains one field with DEPARTMENT (and have several entries) and then COMPARE those DEPARTMENT entries with an AD Group containing users and their own DEPARTMENTS and then pull out all DEPARTMENTS that do not exist in the AD Group.

Is this possible with a Workflow?

Thanks

Hi Sharpharp1,

Just to clarify, you have essentially a list of different department names in your first SmartObject and you would like to compare that against assigned department values for users in your AD, and find which department names exist in the first list that do not exist in the second?

If so, I would think building a composite SmartObject to join the data from the first SmO and the AD SmO would achieve what you are looking for.

Composite SmartObjects:
https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.3/default.htm#Create/SmartObjects/CompositeSmartObjects.htm

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member. Please kudo my post if it's helpful, or mark as the solution if it answers your query.

Hi Jered,

Thanks for your reply.

I created the Composite SMO but still not working quite right.

I am getting those results for the AD Users which are matching entries in the Lookup Table (left join), but what i want o see if those Departments which are not in the AD Group... i.e. the other way round, but there isn't a NOT function.

Any ideas?