Skip to main content

I am trying to put these two objects together to get a list of approvers for a process with their Display Name. For a relatively simple thing that I am trying to do I cannot figure out how to stich these two objects togehter. In K2 Five when trying to build an advanced smart object using List method from Activity Instance Destination and Get Users method from UMUser objects at a  a service method link  step I cannot see FQN field from UMUser object as an option to map to Destination field from Activity Instance Destination object. 

Anyway to get Dispaly Name field for an approver  in a listview ? 

When will K2 put up some decent example of such a simple thing. I am losing my faith in the product. 

Hi,

The UMUser has a FQN property. If you edit the UMUser SmartObject in Designer, there should be a FQN property there.

BUT, even with the FQN property, you still cannot associate the UMUser with the Activity Instance Destination SmartObject, and use it in your View. When you attempt to grab the DisplayName from UMUser in your List View using the Destination property, you will get an error stating a required property is required. This required property refers to the Security Label name.

One limitation with Designer is if you want to pull the property from an associated SmartObject, the associated SmartObject's method you are calling must not have a required input parameter. There is no option in Designer for you to specify that input parameter.

I need this same thing!

Had a K2 mentor try to help us with this without success.  We ended up pointing it as a drop down to our AD Group which will ultimately have users in and out at some point.   If people are in, names display,  if they are removed the name turns blank (as it should).

Having a Display Name in that Activity Destination View would be extremely helpful! 

Any luck or suggestions on this?  I've spent over 2 hours on this trying to match it to SmartObjects that state they require input which I'm just trying to do a view join essentially.