Skip to main content

Hello,

Can anyone help me find out how to change Environment Variable values in a K2 Cloud environment, since i do not see the "Environments" node in the Managament Site as it exists in K2 Five?

14485i00BD8A7C7D43BB73.png

Hi

Environment Variables are not exposed in K2 Cloud and cannot be changed.

Can you perhaps shed some light on what variable you want to change and why?

HTH
Vernon

Well,

We deployed a process from K2 Five to K2 Cloud, and the environment variables we had created for this solution were deployed. And we use them on our forms just fine, but we now we can't change them. 

Thank you for your response, we will find another way to configure environment variables.. Probably through a Database Table and a corresponding smartobject.

Thanks, interesting scenario. Was this custom Env variables or the OOTB ones. If OOTB ones then one should map them to existing Env Variables on deployment in P&D. IF it updated the OOTB Variables then that might cause issues.

Either way, I think this one needs a close eye. Can you open a K2 Support ticket for this please? Let me know the ST# once logged.

We created custom Environment variables (Miscellaneous type).

Ticket logged (are Error, didn't know what type to create), ST#162089

Thanks for logging. K2NE Support engineer will be in contact on the next steps.
Overview - K2 Cloud does not have the ability to edit or create Miscellaneous Environment Variables. Even though P&D does deploy it when moving from K2 Onprem to K2 Cloud it cannot be blocked as the package could be intended to be deployed to another onprem system.

This is a consideration when moving between onprem and cloud and will be added to the documentation.

Correct way is to not use Environment Variables and instead use SmartBox to store the needed which is supported in K2 Cloud.

I hope this help, the Support team will add more detail to this and assist via your ticket should you have more questions.

HTH
Vernon