Skip to main content

Can K2 handle exponential numbers. For example, if I call a REST service and teh service returns back an exponential number like, -3.123E17. From my experience K2 does not transform a number of this size and I cannot do much with it. I cant convert it to a decimal or anything.

Does K2's smarbox have data size limits that would prevent K2 from seeing or storing the above number as 0.00000000000003123 or something along those lines? Because when I try to store -3.123E17 into a SmartBox the save action fails.

Hi MrSharePoint,

Not sure about this statement but I think the smartbox, data size limits are based on the data type that the database table contains for a property example: if your smartbox has a property of text from K2 side, that would be a noted as a nvarchar (100) from SQL side. SQL's data size limit on nvarchar (100) is about estimated 200 characters, therefore K2 should have the size limit.

As for saving the exponential numbers, you should be able to save those numbers to a smartbox SmartObject as type text instead of number or decimal unless that does not suite your current design requirements.

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Kind Regards

Raymond