Skip to main content

I've been looking for some assistance on the following items for a little bit and figured I'd try one more post.  I've checked the forum posts / answers but they aren't seeming to work so would like to see if someone can give me guidance:

1)  Is there a reason why there are '?' marks at the end of urls? (See Image)

2)  IE - Pop up message on close browser action?    I found this post but wanted to see if there was any other fix or update before I try this one:  https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Five/IE-popup-message-when-the-form-in-code-closes-a-tab-in-5-1/m-p/105179#M1193

3)  Page breaks on PDFs.  I've tried several expressions on my form but it doesn't seem to work.
I add a data label to the form in the location I need the page break to be -  set to literal - add this code into it
** I've put the label to Visible and Non Visible and tried several of the expression codes I've found on forum posts.
FIRST EXPRESSION:  Didn't work

<tr style="page-break-inside : avoid"></tr>

SECOND EXPRESSION:  Didn't work

<style>

.theme-entry .grid .grid-content-cell /*rows*/, img /*images*/

{

display: block;

page-break-before: auto;

page-break-after: auto;

page-break-inside: avoid;

}

</style>

Appreciate any help at this point as these things are adding some complications into my development effort.

11232i6886AB1E8BF185C5.png
15849i242EE718C35B9F73.png

Hello,

Please see answers to your questions below.

#1. ? characters are used to input parameters. I am guessing that you have some parameters configured on this view, but they are currently empty. Forms will put the ? character there so that parameters can be passed.

#2. I think the post you found will be the best bet to close the windows. 

#3. IF you just have the code in the Literal Data Label it will actually not execute. We need to use a Transfer Data rule and transfer the code into the Data Label to run the code. I recommend putting the Transfer Data rule in the same rule as the Save as PDF.

Good day AAschenbrener

#3 I have encountered a similar problem with my colleague on K2 5.2 and this seems to be a bug, tranferring your data to data label wont resolve this what we discovered though is that if you set your your font size to 12px your text wont be cut. I hope this is helpful towards your solution.

Thank You

Kind regards

Thabang

I finally got it!   Thank you so much.  

We added a transfer async before the SAVE AS PDF execution.  

Worked great...  For the pages I know where I can add a static break.  I worry still about the PDFs where we have list views that can dynamically grow.

Have either of you figured out how to add 'page numbers' on the PDFs or add a Header/ Footer...  I did figure out a way but it's sloppy -  added a hidden table with some datalabels that had some padding on it in order to accomodate this.  I would love to know if there was a more efficient way.