Skip to main content

I'm having an issue similar to the one outlined in this KB: https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt134037

My issue is that when I follow the instructions listed so I can get to the resolution I can recreate the issue.

1.) Create a simple table in SQL, create a column called ID of type Unique Identifier.

2.) Mark it as a primary key (setting it as unique).

3.) Set the default value of ID as (newid)().

4.) Add a service instance for that database, exposing the new table as a service object.

5.) Add a SmartObject (advanced) via the designer, add the methods and auto create data fields which should create an ID. Note that the SmartObject automatically and correctly identifies this as Autoguid.

This is were my situation is different K2 is not correctly identifying the Unique Identifer as an AutoGUID even though the default is set to newid() K2 is registering this field as just as GUID.

Any suggestions to resolve this issue? Do I maybe to the change the configuration for my SQL Server Service?

Hi Gregory,

I followed your steps to reproduce and came across the same issue.

I believe it's because K2 doesn't know how to handle AutoGUID values at the moment.

Would it be possible to create a table that uses normal Integer values instead for the ID? Or is there a specific reason to use GUIDs?

PS - I tried to use the INSERT INTO script in SQL as well, and that didn't work out either, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Kind regards,
ChrisW