Skip to main content

If I have a list view with filtering enabled, is it possible for users to be able to use the filter against columns that are not displayed, but are part of the smartobject populating the list view? It seems to only pick up the columns that are visible when setting a filter or searching the list.

As an example if my SMO returned the following properties:

• Name
  • Position
  • Manager
  • Department
  • Office

My list view only shows:

• Name 
  • Position 
  • Manager

How can I enable my user to search/filter against Department & Office, without showing those fields in the list view?

Hello jfshoo,

Please have a look at this section https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Five/How-to-configure-a-hidden-field-that-is-shown-with-specific/td-p/101878

Hope this helps find a solution to your problem

Hi

That's not the same thing as what I've asked, unless I'm missing something?

Hello  @jfshoo, 

There is not a way to be able to do this directly. If you would like to accomplish this than I would suggest adding text boxes that can be used to apply these filters. If you add a few text boxes to the form for the properties that do not exist on the view, than you can call the get list method on the view (after an event, such as a button click) and pass these values as either input values or as filters to get the data filtered. This will mess with the filtering that is applied directly through the view so you may want to just do all of your flitering in this way to simplify things. 

Thanks, 

Sam