Skip to main content

I've been trying to find this answer since I tried to create a filter both within the Load Rules of my List View and then from the user filters when the load rules didn't work.

I need to create the list view that will display only the items that were completed today. I have a Date/Time field named Workflow Completed Date and when trying to filter the data when that equals Current Date, there is no returned info. I tried to even manually type in the date and that doesn't work. 

This is a commonly requested requirement from staff, so I was hoping that there was an easy way to do this. basically, I need to a way to see what was done today, and what wasn't done today. 

Hello Mhines,

I understand that you said you have tried it the way I am going to do it below, but just compare the two to see what could be different in your solution. Also, please could you provide screenshots of your configurations and let me have a look. Finally, please specify the version of K2 that you are currently on so that I may be able to check for you whether it is possibly a bug or not on that version.

Another thing you can do is to confirm if the date field in your smart object is Date or Date/Time or Time and it matches the system value (Current Date or Current Date/Time or Current Time). Eg SmartObject Field is of "Date" data type then make sure system value used to filter is also "Date".

Otherwise, this is basically the way in which you can do your filter.

On your list View, go to the "rules" tab. See image below:

Look for the rule name "When the View execute initiale" and double click to EDIT the rule. See image below:

When you have located the rule, click on "configure" on the Get List Method. See image below:

The final step which I think you are looking for is this. See image below:

As a result of this configuration; my list view (at the top) will be filtered based on today's tasks where as the list view at the bottom is unfiltered. See image below:

Note that I put both unfiltered and filtered list views so that you can observe the difference. I am sure you only need one list view which is the filtered one.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Katleho

I had most of that correct, but what I don't have correct is the data type.

The Complete Date is a Date/Time field.  I guess this is causing the issue because there will only be that one moment that the Completed Date is going to equal the "Current Date/Time".

Is there a way to filter based upon just the Date portion of a field that is Date/Time?

Since it doesn't appear to be a way to use an already existing date/time field and I needed to provide a Today filter ASAP, I did go ahead and create a separate field that is just the date so I could filter based off of Today.