Skip to main content

Are there other ways to export workflows other than downloading an .exe that then extracts the files? The reason I ask, is that we're unable to extract the files from the .exe (extracting the files generates a CloudStrike warning and stops the extract). So we're looking for another way to extract the files. Ideally, I'd like to script the export with PowerShell if possible, but using the UI is fine if that's the only option. Thanks

Hi,

Have you tried using the Package and Deployment tool to create a package containing your workflow, then deploy the package to your target environment? The tool should come with the installation of your K2 environment, and it is usually the preferred method to export and import workflows, smartobjects, forms and views from one environment to another.

Hi!

First thing i would try would be the new "Save as template" functionality in 5.3.

If that don't work you can try to export it through code. I did a quick test on the SourceCode.Workflow.Management dll-file. There it was an ExportPackageGet method that was deprecated and in the error refered to SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring (see attached image). I stopped my research there but that's where I would continue to dig after something to use.

If you want to run it in powershell this could be a start to get going with adding dll-files and run methods on them.

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/DevRef/5.3/default.htm#Runtime/WF-Client/PS-startProcess.html%3FTocPath%3DRuntime%2520APIs%2520and%2520Services%7CWorkflow%7CWorkflow%2520Client%2520API%7CWorkflow%2520Client%2520API%2520Samples%7C_____10

Regards

Daniel

If you say "CloudStrike warning" block extracting, my questions are:

What is CloudStrike? Is it legitimate software you have in your environment? If not or you not sure, I would start worrying about this problem in the first place, instead of looking for workaround.

If it is some sort of anti-virus software, then just work on configuring exclusion.