Skip to main content

Emailing Workflow Task to Email Address Stored in SMO Reference

• 16 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

Apologies if this is a stupid question but I am quite new to K2.

I have set a 'Manager Approval' task on a basic request workflow and want to send the task to the manager and also to two proxy managers stored in AD.

The first thing I have done is create fields in a smartobject to store the email addresses of the proxy managers, these fields are called 'Proxy 1' and 'Proxy 2'.

I then call AD to populate these fields as soon as the user initializes the form, i.e. before the workflow starts.

The SMO references for 'Proxy 1' and 'Proxy 2' are then passed into the Recipients section of the 'Managers Approval' task

The issue I am having is that the task is being sent to the originators manager but not to either of the proxy managers.

Appreciate any info or advice you can provide to help solve this issue.

Thanks

16556iB065F33728407916.png

Don't have a K2 system available right now to test it (Friday night and not at work!) but don't you need to specify user accounts instead of email address as you are assigning tasks?

Hi,

Can you add a data step or an email step (set it to send to your account) before the Manager Approval step and pass the Proxy1 and Proxy2 to it for debugging?

Hi JBrogan101

Have you installed the latest K2 Five Fix Pack that you can request from K2 Support?

Then, this might sound strange, but give it a try:

On the Workflow parameters you created, add "Description" text. Anything will do. Deploy and start a new instance.

I had a similar issue where Task Recipients were not applied correctly when using Workflow parameters. Adding a description seemed to solve it.

Regards,
T