Skip to main content

Has anyone seen workflows go into an error state when the email reminder is configured to 'send the email to task participants', which in this case happens to be the originator on the recipients tab? 

Error in Management: ActivityInstanceDestination property not available in given context.

Does the To field need to be completed when selecting the 'Send email to task participants' option?

15298i305040F12B672EA4.png

Hi,

The To field in this case is optional as  you have configured it to send out to your task participants. I've tested this on my end and it resulted to the same error. I think the error is due to the use of the Task Participant name on the body of the escalation e-mail. You may consider logging a  support ticket to get confirmation on this behavior.

Hi Kji,

The error "ActivityInstanceDestination property not available in given context" is caused by using the Task Participant Name or Task User Display Name field in the Body of the Email Reminder. This has been determined to be a known issue on K2 Five. For now, kindly refrain from using the 2 mentioned fields in a reminder email. 

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Thanks for the comment!

Fix Packs do not list this issue, so I will upgrade to K2 Five 5.1 and update this thread.

Hi,

It appears this is still an issue (https://help.k2.com/kbs100151). I would use the workaround that lkimberly has mentioned.