DynamicADSO

• 13 September 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi all, 

Not sure if someone here can help. We are using the DynamicADSO Smart Object and would like to create a new User with the following details, but receiving an error with "an invalid dn syntax has been specified dynamicadso"

sAMAccountName: first.last

Common Name: First Name

OU: OU=First,OU=Second

What should be the correct "Common Name" value to create a new user where the sAMAccountName is different than the CN. 

3 replies

Badge +7

sAMAccountName is the login ID and as such I am not sure you can have special characters. I cannot find anything in ADSO as CommonName but if you mean CN that is usally LastName, FirstName

I think the error you are getting about the Dn not being correct is for organisationalUnit because it is usually OU=First,OU=Second,DC=something,DC=com.

try this

sAMAccountName: firstinitalLastname (no special characters)

Display Name: LastName, FirstName

Organisational Unit=First,OU=Second,DC=something,DC=com (fully qualify the OU)

First Name: FirstName

Last name: LastName

and the other attributes like password

Just an interseting question. We only use ADSO because we want to get at some attributes that are not available with the OOB but if you are just creating a user in AD the standard "AD User" from the built-in service broker will work just as well maybe better.

I hope this helps

Dynamic ADSO uses LDAP call to retrieve data from AD or does it use a database that has the information synced with AD.

Anyidea?

Thanks

Anil Bingu

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I try using the Create User function and included the Common Name field (cn property) in the schema.

It throws the invalid dn error and does not let me to specify the Common Name cn field so record will appear with its sAMAccountName in AD.

Is it possible to set the cn to FirstName_Surname eg John Smith rather than default it to sAMAccountName (john.smith) please?

Thank you

Sandor Mari