Skip to main content

Hi,

We have a requirement to render the UI components, text box, labels, etc, based on an XML/JSON that a web service provides. Is there any way to use K2 Views to do this runtime loading? The view will not have any idea of the elementss present in the xml except the parent node. This is quite important for us as we are trying to create a dynamic workflow solution for our business and the content types used will need to be configurable.

Regards,

Deb

Hi Deb,

Thanks for asking this question here on the community forum. I realize it's been a while since you asked this question, but I guess the community was pretty stumped with the question you asked.

Did you manage to resolve your issue in the meantime by other means?

From what you describe on your post, it sounds like you want to heavily customize some K2 Forms and Views. I can tell you that our Forms/Views are built using XML and that is stored in the K2 database, but from a support perspective we would not support you anymore if modify data in the K2 database, according to this article:

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/devref/5.3/default.htm#Reference/DB/Database.html%3FTocPath%3DReference%2520Information%7CDatabase%2520Reference%7C_____0

I think the best way forward for you would be to contact your local CAM (Customer Account Manager) who can put you in touch with our Professional Services team that can help you come up with a better solution or a clever workaround to the problem you want to solve.

Kind regards,

ChrisW