Skip to main content

Hi,

Anyone done this or know if its possible?

Currently have an AD Group with users from different departments in, which is used as a destination in a Client Activity.

So for example, a User from Dept X submits a request, i then use a Filter on the AD Group to send the request to Approvers from the same Department as the submitting user. This works fine as it is now.

One of the Departments however now want the Approver to be not only from the same Department, but also from the same TEAM as the submitter.

The AD membership of users in Dept X are either in Team A or Team B AD Groups.

How can i make the Destination Workflow send Approvals as normal to all departments, but then for Dept X, do an additional check to see if the Submitter is a member of which Team and then send the approval to ONLY the approvers for their team?

All Team A and Team B approvers will be the same AD Group as the approvers for other departments. So just one AD group, but need ability to filter on Department and Team (by Team A or B AD Group) when it is Department X

Can this all be done within one Client Activity?

Thanks

Hello,

I would recommend doing a separate SmartObject call or Destination Set which pull in the users from this department and Team. We can filter this other smartobject call or Destination Set to just point to this team and do this as a completely separate Assignee.

Thanks,

Will look into that