Skip to main content

I have just succesfully deployed a package from our test evniroment to our live server environment and eveything seems to have worked OK with the exception of 1 issue which I can't see anything wrong with so wondered if this is a know issue when using Custom forms in a workflow tasjk and deploying to another server?

Situation:

I have a task in a workflow that i have configured as per the attached screenshot:   On our test server this form gets called from the worklist and works perfect.

However, when I deploy this to live and call the form from the worklist item, I get a 'error missing file' message saying it can't it or is checked out... I have checked designer on the live server and the file is definately there and chacked in.. I hvae checked the workflow on the live server and the custom form url looks exactly the same as the one on test.

Any ideas??  Julie :-)

13427i9D9F20F26DC3CE3D.jpg

Have you tried to look for the Form in Designer and open it from there, including the uri parameters?

Hia Tom,

I've just opened the approval workflist form on live in designed and the url has changed from the Source form: Approval+-+OPS+Planning+New+Entry

To now on the destination (live) it has added an extension of the list name aswell and become: Approval+-+OPS+Planning+New+Entry__spcorp__lfrs__local______sites______lists__ops__SSRI__2__Lists__Level2SSRIRecords/

Oh dear, this poses a problem because whilst we could always ensure the List name remains the same, the site url on live is always going to be different to test so that path is always going to be different.  We don;t want to have to manually change the workflow form path everytime we deploy a change, not sure how i get round this :-(