Skip to main content

Hi,

I have come across an issue I cannot get round.

I initially had a Smartobject onto an SQL table which I used to store all the destination users. I have since reverted onto using K2 roles instead. 

When attempting to tidy up what I have created and deleting the smartobject (and SQL table), I am unable to redeploy my workflow due to a missing smartobject reference error. Even though I have gone through all the user tasks and replaced it with K2 roles ?

To get round the problem I have to recreate the table and the smartobject on the server even though it is not in use the workflow seems to deploy correctly afterwards.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Could it be related to inline functions? Are there any inline functions in the workflow with the references to the SmartObject?  Perhaps, you can use the Package Deployment Tool to find the dependencies of the SmartObject.

-K2 Package and Deployment Tool > Create Package.

-Add the workflow, it will try to pull in all the associated artifacts.

-The Dependencies or Used By tab will give more details on it.

Hi Khan,

I can see the smartobject in question is getting pulled into the package as a dependency, is there anyway we can see in more detail what it is spefically using from this smartobject?

Kind Regards,
Martin

Hi Martin774,

I would re-check the workflow and any forms that might have a reference to the SmartObject.

1. Check rules/actions/State that were created by the workflow.

2. Re-check each workflow step. For example, I have a Join function that has a reference to the Role SmartObject and it's also using the item reference from the Role SmartObject.