Skip to main content

Hello,

we have two SmartBox SmartObject that have an ID field that have always the same ID

We created a list view that lists a (filtered) amount of SMO1.

Now we want to have one aditionally column that should be filled with a value from our second SMO2

So I added another columns as a data label and inserted a for each rule in the initialize rule:

for all items in the list view, load the SMO2 with the same ID and transfer the output of the value to that data label columns.

This is not working (the values of the column are always empty) If I use a "normal" data label (not a column) I can transfer the value with no problem.

What did we do wrong? Is it even possible at all?

regards,

Johann

Hi JSC,

Could you upload a screenshot on how did you configure the rules in your List View

this is so we can have a better understanding of the scenario described in the post

Cheers,

Kate

Hello,

I try to add some more explanation:

We have a list view, where we add one data label column

does this help more?

regards,

Johann

nobody any idea?

Hi, 

I dont think this is possible without a datafield for the data from SMO2 to store in SMO1. You could create a form and put in two seperate views, or create a data field in your actual SmartObject1 to store the values from SMO2 and find a way to transfer the data into that specific coloumn/field: https://help.k2.com/products/kbs100146 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Prineel

I always thought that a data label IS already a datafield.

Because in a "non list setting" I can store something in a data field. Why is it not possible within a list?

Hi,

Think of it as the SmartObject being the database and the List View being a template spcifically for that SmartObject data. A list view won't be able to display/store any data that doesn't interact with the database (SmartObject) that it is linked to. Hope this makes sense.

Kind Regards

Prineel