Skip to main content

Hello,

is it possible to create a view with "tiles" instead of a list view? I am kind of thinking of a "kanban" view:

(this is just an example)

OOTB seems to be not possible but maybe with some hacks?

regards,

Johann

Hi Johann,

You could create a Form that has Views (which would be the "tiles") side by side to create a Form similar to the example you provided. Then on each of these Views, you can display the data/information needed depending how you have the individual Views set up.

For example, on each of these  "tiles" you can add a modifed List View (to allow users to add data), only displaying one aspect of the data ("Sales" for example). A List View will still likely be needed if you want the user to be able to interact with it like a List View, but if just static data is shown Item Views customized to your needs would also work. 

Thanks,

Thomas

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member

Hello,

yes I thought of a solution like that but I need it more flexible because the NUMBER of the tiles is not fixed but I need sometime 1, sometimes 5 and somtimes 12 tiles (depending on values at runtime...the values are examples)

You cannot create these "tiles" at runtime - you can only place the maximum number at design time and then show and hide the correct number.

I was thinking of a more responsive design result alsthough the application will mostly be shown on a big screen in fullscreen...

In SharePoint for example you can create different view types of a list and I think it could be a great addition to K2, to let the list view be also displayed in a configurable and flexible "tile view" :-)

regards,

Johann