Skip to main content

I would like to count the number of times a user task has been completed. The task will be sent to all company staff so I want to know what percentage have completed the task. The task relates to a specific document reveiew so once the workflow is complete I will be able to add a percentage completed value against the document field in Sharepoint.

I would like the count to occur within the workflow after the task has expired (after 21 days). While i could count the task completion via a form, my preference is to do it via the workflow so staff don't have to log in. My strategy is to send the documents via the task notification email and then request the user to reply to the email using the task action. I have tried using the Acticty Instance Destination SMO (in Reports) but a cant seem to retrieve any data using a Create Reference. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Hi  @KyabraBrisbane;

I think using User Overview report, you should be able to accomplish you goal, kindly follow up with this link https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.0/default.htm#K2_Management_Site/Workflow_Server/Reports/UserOverview/UserOverview.htm

You should be able to navigate to considerations using this report.

alternatively you can develop your own custom report from here https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.0/default.htm#Reports/CustomRep/SmartForms-Reporting-Controls.htm%3FTocPath%3DReport%7CCustom%2520Reports%7C_____1

NB-You should be able to find your direct answer here. https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.7/default.htm#5.Reports/Process_Portal_Reporting/PP_User_Perf_Rep.htm

Should you find the above information answered your question and/or leading you to the answer kindly mark as "Accepted Solution,Kudo and/or MeToo options".

Kind regards;

Widson.

Hi,

Perhaps, you can achieve this via the 'Activity Slot Data' reporting SmartObject, see belows.

Scenario: Count number of completed tasks for a specific workflow.

1. Give K2 Service account rights (process right) to the the workflow. This is a requirement because the workflow step is executed under K2 service account.

2. Capture the count via 'Activity Slot Data' SmartObject. In K2 Five (5.2), you can setup a custom filter for this.

Thanks for you reply. This approach seems to be one which is performed outside of the workflow. I am wanting to count the number of completed tasks within the workflow.

Cheers, Chris

Thanks for this detailed solution. I have applied this approach, but the count is value is always zero. I have tried filtering using the current workflow ID. I would expect the count value would be "1" but it produces a "0" result. I have removed the workflow ID so would expect to retrieve all Completed Tasks but the count result is still "0".

It seems when I use a similiar method via a form, I am able to produce the desired result. There seems to be an issue with the workflow environment when using Report SMO's.

Thanks Khanh, I had been struggling with this for months - adding admin rights for the K2 Service account may have been missing piece of the puzzle. Also be aware that the Data Value should be the user defined action and not "Task Completed"