Skip to main content

I am trying to amend the width of the left-hand menu bar (where your inbox etc... is located). I am using a data label with customised CSS, but cannot seem to figure out how to change its width. Has anyone been able to resize the menu bar to a smaller width?

Hi  @alexandremirand

At first I believed that the menu bar is flexible column (not fixed) , so increasing the your css menu frame should also decrease the left menu bar (width:100%).

for example: 

<iframe name="K2MenuSystemMainFrame" id="K2MenuSystemMainFrame" src="MYSITEURLHERE" style="background: none; border-width: 0px; width: 100%height: 100%;" onload="initK2MenuSystem()"> </iframe>

Although i havn't tested the above yet, then something got into my sense that if the left menu bar side it's not flexible then maybe it was the way it was developed, i mean if you right click on the workspace> view source page > ctrl F> then trace width you with notice that each side of the menu is 100% width on its own at runtime as in the following screenshot.

So in conclusive if my assumptions are true , then it's simply the way it was developed else follow the following links for relevant information.

https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Solutions/K2-Menu-System/ba-p/77076?nobounce

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.0/default.htm#K2_Management_Site/User_Management/Workspaces.htm%3FTocPath%3DAdminister%7CK2%2520Management%7CUsers%7C_____5

If information provided is relavant to you and/or leading you to your answer kindly mark it as "Kudo and/ Accepted Solution" , as this will assist others in future investigations.

Thank you;

Widson.

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member

Good day Alexandre

If you are on cloud environment this this might be extremely difficult as you don't have css file access, and adding custom code might not work either as some K2 CSS files override custom styles, however if you are using K2 on prem you can navigate to this folder C:Program FilesK2K2 smartforms DesignerStyles, by default workspace uses platinum 2 style.

Inspect the menu element on on the workspace web page to find the workspace menu class. Once you have the name you can navigate to the path above and search for the menu class name. Make sure you set your column in % so it can be responsive.

Kindly feel free to Mark as "Accepted Solution, Kudo and/or MeToo" if you find this information answered your question or leads you to the answer.

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Thank you

Kind regards

Thabang

Dear Widson,

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, when I used the code and augmented it to my dev site it seems to have Iframed in the form, not adjusted the existing menu bar. I think this might be an issue with the fact I am on cloud.

Kind Regards,

Alexandre