Skip to main content

I have a student ID and for that Student I have a list of instructors for a specific semester.  I need to send an email to each of the instructors, and create a task that is satisfied when all of the list of the instructors have completed their individual tasks.  This is a dynamic group, not an Active Directory group.  The list of instructors could be 1 to 10, and varies with each unique student.

Can I use this smartbox object list to pass email addresses to K2 Five workflow to send an email to each instructor?  Then, can I assign a task to each of these instructors to complete in workflow, which means that they received the email, and agree to the content.  I see the feature in workflow where all of the tasks have to be complete and then the process moves on in workflow.

Is there a smartstarter or example online which does anything like this?

My hope is always that when K2 has these features, that somewhere there is an example of how to use them.  The internet fails me in finding examples of K2 workflow and configuration rules most times.

I am a newbie to K2.  Has anyone done something similar to this?

BillK 

Hi,

Regarding the first inquiry  (send email to each individual instructor), this should be possible, see below.

1. Let's say the list view stores email addresses and student ids.

2. In the Email step, I map the Get List (Associated_instructors) to the To field. It's setup to return 'All Items as a collection'.

When the workflow is started, each assocaited_instructor will receive an email.