Skip to main content

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade a custom control and hit a road block.

I am calling a SMO in C# to get the data necessary to render the custom control. Currently all necessary values are provided on design time and it works.

Now we need to provide one parameter for the SMO on runetime, so we can filter the data with a value in the form (url parameter).  And I don't find a way/example to to call my C# Code to render/re-render the data after this value was set as parameter of the custom control (via OnChange or execution of method on this control).

It there a possibility to do it this way?

Or alternatively, do I need to refactor the code to instead get the whole content of the control, I want to render, via ajax call?

Greetings

Carsten

Hello Carsten,

I think we may be able to do this by executing some Javascript on the Form. The following KB mentions adding custom javascript to execute a File Attachment Download automatically which leverages this behavior.
https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt154698

Simply adding the Javascript into a Data Label with the literal property checked should execute this Javascript.

Thank your for the reply.

But I am not sure how this helps to access the "code behind"/C# for the control.

I would need to find the routine in JS which triggers the original method or a method I can expose to JS.

Maybe this example has it in the part of the SMO which loads the data into the datalabel via its "load"-method.

This the kind of behaviour I am searching for, but could not find documented.