Skip to main content
Question

Block access to Forms while doing upgrade?

• 13 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a quick way of preventing access to K2 forms while I carry out an upgrade on it?

Other than going into each form and directing to some landing page, is there a blanket quicker way off doing this?

Thanks

5 replies

Badge +1

You may try to restrict an access to K2 artifacts by managing Category Security in the K2 Management site. Please check the next link to get more information: https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintexautomation/userguide/5.7/Content/AuthorizationFramework/Authorization-Framework-Overview.htm?tocpath=Administer%7CManagement%7CCategories%7CAuthorization%7C_____0

In a few words, it is possible to manage an access to each form/view/SmartObject separatly or manage an access on the category level. You can temporary restric an access for all users to artifacts under the application category and revert it back after upgrade.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

You may try to restrict an access to K2 artifacts by managing Category Security in the K2 Management site. Please check the next link to get more information: https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintexautomation/userguide/5.7/Content/AuthorizationFramework/Authorization-Framework-Overview.htm?tocpath=Administer%7CManagement%7CCategories%7CAuthorization%7C_____0

In a few words, it is possible to manage an access to each form/view/SmartObject separatly or manage an access on the category level. You can temporary restric an access for all users to artifacts under the application category and revert it back after upgrade.

Of course, thanks for that. That’s done the trick, can block on categories which is ideal for stopping any access while it’s being upgraded

Badge +1

you can’t … you just need to inform manually to users.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

you can’t … you just need to inform manually to users.

You can do both - inform users and also use category security to block access, trust me i’ve just tested it earlier.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @Sharpharp1 
If an answer solved your question - please remember to mark it for fellow users!