Skip to main content

I would like a way of removing users licences from K2 once they have been deleted from AD

is there some way that a users licence can be removed from the Licenses page in Management automatically?

we have automated tasks that remove users from AD when they have been terminated, and would like to be able to remove their k2 licence when this happens

is there a table in SQL that we can manipulate to remove a users licence

Hi,

I'm afraid there is no out-of-the box way to accomplish this. You will have to use the Users section from Licenses page in Management site to manually remove each user. I suggest that you log a feature request to ideas.k2.com.

I notice a Licensed User SMO under SystemManagementLicensingSmartObjects

It has methods Delete, DeleteLicenseUsers and List.

You can compare the List with your AD and then use the Delete or DeleteLicensedUsers method to delete them. But that is all at your own risk. I however use the List method to draw an exception report - and then manually remove the users via the K2 Management interface.

You can also draw the exception report on the K2 database with a SQL query (accessing the AD via Linked Server). I would not recommend to change/update/delete anything in the K2 database, but an exception report is quite helpful.