Skip to main content
when users action tasks on K2, the tasks do not leave their task list, even after they have gotten a popup notification stating they have completed the tasks. 
When the same task is redirected to other users, once they actions, the tasks are removed from their task list. 

Please what could be the cause, and possible solution.

Is it possible that the same task is being assigned to the same user multiple times? One way to check this is to see what the Users -> Tasks section looks like in K2 Management. See if there are multiple rows assigned to the same user for the same task?
Hello, thanks for your response. I did what you asked me to check, and I can confirm that there is that the task is not been assigned to same user multiple times.
Furthermore while trying to figure out the issue I redirected the task to another user, and the task didn't show up on the task list too.
After you take an action on a task, can you confirm it no longer appears in that Users -> Tasks section in K2 Management?
Well I redirected to another user, after which I was able to action the task, and the task leaves my task list. But after I returned the task back to the original owner, the task didnt leave the user task list after actioning.

Can you show me how your task is configured in the designer? Specifically the section that I've attached a screenshot of

Here is the picture requested.

Also, on further troubleshooting I discovered that actioning of the tasks works perfectly on the development environment, but not on the production environment. i.e. this issue I am currently having doesn't happen on the development server.

Could you please check if task is not getting completed for any process or just for a specific process for that user?

I would suggest to create a test process and check is the same issue is happening for that user.
Please also include the "Options" section under the recipients rule, just to see if there is anything unusual in there

Here is what I have under the options, there is nothing unusual there.

Yes DRaj, I have done this, and I discovered that the particular user is having the same issue across all processes on K2.
I already attached image in my reply below. I further discovered that the user is having the same issue across all process on K2. so that means it is not a build/process issue.

So its confirmed that its an environment issue, so you can log a support ticket to Nintex portal, they should help you out and in the meantime, Could you please check if the user details are synced correctly in Identity.Identity table in K2 DB.

Yeah, DRaj I already logged in a ticket with K2.
Please do report back with the solution if you can, I for one am very curious as to what happened here.
Yes, I will definitely do that once a resolution is reached.

@tbyrne777 tbyrne777   

SO I reached out to the K2 Engineer via the customer support.

According to the engineer, the issue happens to be a bug in the system, which creates whitespaces after the last character in the username when the usernames are been created.

So with this development, the workflow username is different from the main username.

This script was ran on the DB to check instances of users with the issue:

SELECT *, '[' + [ActionerName] + ']'
FROM [Server].[Actioner]
WHERE [ActionerName] LIKE '% %'

After which another script was ran to update the usernames, and close out the whitespaces. Here is the script below:

Update [Server].[Actioner]
Set [ActionerName] = LTRIM(RTRIM([ActionerName]))
WHERE [ActionerName] LIKE '% %'

After running this two script, users were able to successfully action tasks, and it left there tasklists.

Thank you for following up, that is very interesting! I've never come across this particular issue before but it is good to know what to look for if I run into it.