1. When I save a record in list view, the following error prompts:
  2. My Rules setting:

icon

Best answer by TinTex 21 July 2023, 16:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

This may be related to the the ItTicketID column of the ItTicketDetails table.

Is this marked as Primary Key?

Is this auto-incrementing Identity column?

How is the Create/Update/Delete method for all items that have been added action configured?

Is the list view bound to the SmartObject?  For the input mappings to these method, are you using the datasource or the list view’s controls?

Badge +3

This may be related to the the ItTicketID column of the ItTicketDetails table.

Is this marked as Primary Key?

Is this auto-incrementing Identity column?

How is the Create/Update/Delete method for all items that have been added action configured?

Is the list view bound to the SmartObject?  For the input mappings to these method, are you using the datasource or the list view’s controls?

• This problem happens occasionally, so I don’t know which part of setting is wrong.
  • It is not a Primary key. 
  • It is not auto-incrementing identity column. It is of UNIQUEIDENTIFIER Type. This table has ‘Many-to-One’ relation with another table ‘ItTicket2’. This column ‘ItTicketID’ is a reference column to the ‘ID’ column in ‘IT Ticket’.

• The configuration of the Create/Update/Delete method:
  • The list view is bound to a SmartObject.
  • For the input mapping, I use the datasource.
    For the case of create, because it is linked to the ‘Mother Table’ - IT Ticket, the ‘ItTicketID’ is from the datasource of the SmartObject ‘ItTicket2’.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

If the problem only happen occasionally, then it is likely due to data integrity; but I am not sure which scenario.

We can ignore the ‘Delete Method for all items that have been removed’ because ItTicketID does not need to be mapped for this method, so it is either the Create for all items that have been added or Update for all item that have been changed actions.

Since ItTicketID is specified as NOT NULL, it will need to have a value when these actions are called.

Does the ‘ItTicketView5’ that is bound to the dbo.ItTicket2 just load a record?  Or does it create also?

I would imagine that this error would happen in scenarios where the ItTicketView5’/dbo.ItTicket2 is empty and then the Create/Update is called with empty value.

Or if ‘ItTicketView5’/dbo.ItTicket2 also does a create in certain scenarios, you will want to make this call first, return the ID somewhere, and then use this ID to call the CREATE/UPDATE on ItTicketDetails view.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi @bentsui 

Did these answers help solve your issue?

Badge +3

If the problem only happen occasionally, then it is likely due to data integrity; but I am not sure which scenario.

We can ignore the ‘Delete Method for all items that have been removed’ because ItTicketID does not need to be mapped for this method, so it is either the Create for all items that have been added or Update for all item that have been changed actions.

Since ItTicketID is specified as NOT NULL, it will need to have a value when these actions are called.

Does the ‘ItTicketView5’ that is bound to the dbo.ItTicket2 just load a record?  Or does it create also?

I would imagine that this error would happen in scenarios where the ItTicketView5’/dbo.ItTicket2 is empty and then the Create/Update is called with empty value.

Or if ‘ItTicketView5’/dbo.ItTicket2 also does a create in certain scenarios, you will want to make this call first, return the ID somewhere, and then use this ID to call the CREATE/UPDATE on ItTicketDetails view.

→ No, it does not only load a record. It creates also.

→ Yes, I save the ID of ‘dbo.ItTicket2’ after create. Then the ID is used for ‘ItTicketID’ on ‘ItTicketDetails view’ create.