Skip to main content

We recently had a fruitful meeting with a customer who is evaluating K2 Cloud.

They have an existing Azure subscription and they are currently using it as AD.

They are also going to use it to host their SQL database through Azure SQL Database service.

However they are concerned about securing their data while in transit from our K2 Cloud to their Azure SQL database cloud.

I did some research on this and found that we can secure the connection through the following methods:

1. Allow access to Azure services – accept incoming traffic only from Azure IPs and subnets
  2. IP address whitelisting – requires a static IP address from us (K2 Cloud)
  3. VNet to VNet VPN – most secure according to this article from MS

My questions are:

1. For option 2, I’d like to confirm if we can provide a static IP address for K2 Cloud (I read that we can here)?
  2. For option 3, I’d like to confirm if we can configure K2 Cloud for cloud to cloud data connection via Site-to-Site VPN, given of course that the customer already has their own Azure VNet?
  3. In general, what is the most secure way for cloud to cloud transmission? Any other way we can recommend?

Thanks all!

K2 Cloud is running on Azure currently, so theoreotically speaking, you should be able to use whatever solution Azure provides. Nevertheless, I will recommend you contact a K2 representative to inquire about this.

Thanks!

To add on, K2 Cloud ops can provide a static IP address for a K2 Cloud customer for Azure SQL ACL purposes. I think this is the simplest and most cost effective way to go. For increased security purposes, our ops can also configure Vnet to Vnet or S2S VPN.