Merging rows to include all information

• 14 March 2017
  • 2 replies

Hello,

First off, I am new to the forum. Typically I ask someone here at work, however, this is something that nobody here can figure out. I want to start off in saying that I have no experience with any other type of programming. So if the solution is to write code, I have no clue on how to do that. Ok, now to my problem.

I have a spreadsheet that is created by another program (SAP, and have no Service Broker to connect to it, so it's exported into Excel) and it has a column that houses our "job number". This "job number" can show up multiple times, depending on if it has more than 1 "task" associated with it. I have created a list view in a form so that my department can see when these tasks are due and update accordingly. I do not want to see multiple "job numbers" within the list view, but I want all the "dates" associated with each "task" to be within that list.

My problem is, I can't get the "job number" from this "task" to recognize it belongs to the same "job number" from this "task". Any help would be appreciated as I have been slugging it out with K2 for a week or so now.

Thank you

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi, 

How do you populated your ListView with the Data?
Did you create a SmartBox SmartObject to store the Excel Data and then create the ListView from that? 

If you are using SmartObjects, you can try creating composite SmartObjects to achieve your goal.

Please look at the online help:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.7/default.htm#resources/projects/advancedsmartobjects/composite-smartobjects.htm

Regards

My list view is populated simply by copy and paste from an excel spreadsheet to a datasheet view in SP. It has an identifier number in it that can be duplicated about 5 times. Depending on a task identifier, different dates will populate within the same column. My difficulty comes when I try to seperate those dates dependant on what the task is and placing them all within the same row and then eliminating the remainder rows so that the list shows one row with all of the information from the other rows incorporated within the list. I have tried a composite smartobject and have yet to determine how to make this happen within that smartobject. I have also tried to create parameters in the smartform to grab only these dates for it's associate tasks and create a new list but it only shows the last parameter it has chosen for each on the list.

I have been battling this out now for weeks and it seems I am getting nowhere.