Solved

K2 Designer : Unable to deploy a workflow that contains a sub-workflow

• 19 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hello all, recently we had a ‘show stopper’ issue with the K2 designer, the issue was that we are no longer able to deploy any workflow that contains a sub-workflow, we already deployed many workflows that contain a sub-workflow in the past, the issue now that we need to edit some of these workflows but whenever we finish our edits we are unable to deploy the workflow, this issue is not just for a specific workflow but for the entire workspace I did create a separate workflow just to reproduce the issue, I created two workflows from scratch and (Testwf1, Testwf2) I tried to call ‘Testwf1’ as a sub workflow from ‘Testwf2’ but whenever I add this step it give an error, if I removed the “Call Sub Workflow - Testwf1” step, ‘Testwf2’ deploy successfully.

we already tried to delete the step and re-drop it, changing the names, the variables,
we made sure that the server that the K2 is on has the latest updates, and also the K2 has the latest fixes, updates, do note that this issue is new to us as I said we already have many workflows that calls a sub workflow that is working fine the issue is only when we deploy!

any ideas?

icon

Best answer by halkhateeb 2 August 2023, 17:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hmmm… we make use of sub-processes quite a bit and I have yet to run into this issue. Can you show a screenshot of how the Call Sub Workflow step is configured? Do you browse to the sub process or type it in manually?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

is your subworkflow already deployed?

Badge +2

is your subworkflow already deployed?

yes it is, and if I remove the sub workflow step I can deploy my workflow(already did)

Badge +2

Hmmm… we make use of sub-processes quite a bit and I have yet to run into this issue. Can you show a screenshot of how the Call Sub Workflow step is configured? Do you browse to the sub process or type it in manually?

both doesn’t work

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Perhaps check the permissions on the sub workflows - make “everyone” an Admin of them just to see if it makes any difference. I would recommend opening up a ticket with Nintex on this one and, if possible, report back the results here if others run into this issue. I can see how this would be a showstopper!

Badge +2

Perhaps check the permissions on the sub workflows - make “everyone” an Admin of them just to see if it makes any difference. I would recommend opening up a ticket with Nintex on this one and, if possible, report back the results here if others run into this issue. I can see how this would be a showstopper!

we already tried making “everyone” an admin it didn't work, I think we will move to opening a ticket with the Nintex, as there are no solutions till now.

Badge +2

this issue was solved by going back to “VersionOfK2Patched”
“K2_SERVER: K2 Five (5.5) March 2022 CU FP02”