Issue querying Activity Instance Destination SmartObject

• 30 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I'm trying to query Activity Instance Destination SO to provide security in a form. The smartobject under Workflow Analytics doesn't seem to work properly to output result of a field in a Data Label.

The smartobject under Workflow General works when I'm viewing the form as an admin... but does not output the result of the List method in the Data Label when I'm viewing the form as a regular user.

Is this security related issue? or a bug?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

This is likely security related.

Usually, for a user to be able to execute the a Reporting SmartObject, they will need to have at least Workflow 'View' right on the Workflows in questions to be able to view the reporting data.

Badge +8

Hi, 

you don’t have to do anything manual to apply security on task forms, K2 does that OOTB already.

I.E. K2 ensures that only the assigned task users (Activity Instance Destination) can 1) Open and 2) Action that task.

On your form you typically have an Open Worklist Item Rule which takes in the Serial Number query string parameter as input and allows you to bind a drop-down to the available actions. You then typically have an Action Worklist Item Rule when the user submits the task as completed.

Cheers

d