Solved

How to Get Serial Number for Group Recipients

• 31 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi, everyone. I have set a workflow. In a ‘Task’ step, the group ‘IT Department’ is set as recipients.

Then I set a SmartObject method step before the ‘Task’. I try to get the Serial Number to call a SQL procedure to manually create an URL for user to action. But the Serial Number is fixed for all the recipients in the group. Eg. Serial Number is ‘507_168’ and it is the same for all members in IT Department’.

It should be different for each recipient? Otherwise the system will prompt ‘is not allowed to open the worklist item’.

I would like to ask is there any way I can get the Serial Number for each participant so that I can pass to the SQL procedure and return an URL for user to action on a form?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by tbyrne777 1 April 2023, 02:48

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

There is an option in the Task to “Resolve groups to individuals”. I think that will solve the issue and, if not, try setting the other option above that check box to “Only one response”

Badge +3

tbyrne777’s answer can solve the issue. Would like to ask: after an individual takes up the task, the task will be ‘Open’. Is it that we can only release the item in ‘K2 Management’, so that when user A is not available, user B can handle.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You don’t have to allocate the task when the user opens it - that is default behavior to prevent multiple users trying to work on the same task at the same time. Does clicking your task take you to a form or some other approach to completing the task?

Badge +3

clicking the task will take me to a form. User will click buttons to proceed to the next step in workflow.

You don’t have to allocate the task when the user opens it - that is default behavior to prevent multiple users trying to work on the same task at the same time. Does clicking your task take you to a form or some other approach to completing the task?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Check that your form has a rule that opens the workflow task. If you don’t want to allocate the task when the form opens, you can comment out this rule. Then anyone can open the task (but only one “submit” will succeed if multiple users open it)