Skip to main content

I uninstalled K2 4.7 locally and now when I start Visual Studio I get the following error:

CreateInstance failed for package SourceCode.VisualStudio.WorkflowPackage, SourceCode.VisualStudio, Version=4.0.4.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d]Source: 'mscorlib' Description: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///c:program files (x86)microsoft visual studio 14.0common7IDEExtensionsK2SourceCode.VisualStudio.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///c:program files (x86)microsoft visual studio 14.0common7IDEExtensionsK2SourceCode.VisualStudio.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'file:///c:program files (x86)microsoft visual studio 14.0common7IDEExtensionsK2SourceCode.VisualStudio.dll' at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Bytee] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence) at System.Activator.CreateInstanceFromInternal(String assemblyFile, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Objectt] args, CultureInfo culture, Objectt] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo) at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceFrom(String assemblyFile, String typeName) WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftFusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftFusion!EnableLog].

I've taken a look at the log file and its attempting to load the K2/SourceCode.VisualStudio.dll which no longer exists.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks,

Hi alexhaberer,

When uninstalling, did you run "Modify" from the installation media Setup Manager to remove K2 for Visual Studio specifically? If not, I would suggest running the installer (you may need to download the installation media from the Portal once more), selecting the Modify option, and unselect all K2 for Visual Studio Components. Once these are uninstalled, open Visual Studio again and let me know if this resolves the issue.

If this is how you uninstalled the components locally, where are you seeing this error in Visual Studio? 

Cheers,

Emily

So I reinstalled the app with Visual Studio components, then ran the setup again and modified the existing installation to remove Visual Studio components. Then uninstalled everything and restared.

Got the same error.

Any ideas?

Note after uninstalling the Visual Studio Components, Visual Studio started up fine, Im' assuming the .dll file is removed during the core uninstall. 

It seems that the dll may be referenced in the GAC what assembly would I need to remove. I didn't see anything with "K2" in it.

Thanks,

I used the Gacutil /u to uninstall the Assembly for SourceCode.VisualStudio.WorkflowPackage, SourceCode.VisualStudio, Version=4.0.4.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d.

Completed a restart and still had the same issue. I've also remove the SourceCode from the registry which I found online on another link, no resolution.

At this point I don't believe the uninstaller works 100%. I've just reinstalled 4.7 and then upgraded to 5.0+. I wanted the product off of my local machine as everything is cloud based now, but it doesn't seem like I can remove it. And without it Visual Studio was throwing errors.

If you find anything else let me know, I'm currently working with support, but they don't seem to have a definate solution either.