Skip to main content

Hi,

Anyone know what Pattern can be used on a Text box to include everything EXCEPT the " special character?

Rather than build up the pattern to say which special characters can be used, is there a way to do the pattern to include everything except 1 special character?

Reason for this is that special character is breaking my workflows.

Thanks

Hi mate,

Try the expression below to strip 3 types of Quotes

"   U+0022 QUOTATION MARK
“ U+201C LEFT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK
” U+201D RIGHT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK

Pattern:

^r^"“”]*$

Expression:

If you want the expression just for one type of quotes "

Use this pattern:

^/^"]*$

Then modify the expression to replace only double quotation mark

Hope this helps

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. -That is a great way of dealing with text if entered into a text box.

I wanted to deal with the text as it is being entered, using the Validation Pattern property for a text box.

So i entered ur pattern ^ ^"]*$ into a New Pattern and applied it to the text box and it seems to work great. It allows every character except "

Have i done this right, is there anything else that needs adding to this pattern, or will this allow everything except " to be entered?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, this should be enough to validate the string.

it allows all characters except "

Hi Mustafa, I tried doing this and the form does not save it keeps on rolling but don't save. I created the expression and added the expression to the text box.General Properties Expression. Please let me know what i am doing is wrong.