Skip to main content

Anyone try this to see if its a bug?

I've got a message box on a Subview which comes up when a user clicks submit (it basically checks for missing information)

The message box pops up, but when you click OK, the Subview goes grey (like it is disabled) and then you have to click the subview to enable it. -Sometimes mouse clicking doesn't even work and the subview remains grey and you can't close it....

I've tried putting in a "Stop Rule execution" in the rule to see if that would work, but it doesn't...

Why doesn't clicking OK on the message box not take you back?

Sharpharp1,

I would go throught the on click rules one by one and make sure you do not have a rule that makes the form read only or changes the edit state of the form. I use those same message boxes for the same reason and I never have an issue. My guess would be there is something on click that is causing this to happen. You can try disabling rules one by one to rule out a rule as the cause of the problem.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the reply.

I went through the rules and didn't find any state changes etc.

I simply have a Subview which opens another Subview. If info is missing, a message box pops up, and then to the user it appears as if the screen is disabled.

Sometimes you can click the subview to bring the screen back, other times it is totally locked.

Have you tried this with a subview opening a subview?