Skip to main content

I'm using K2 SmartForms 4.7.

Hi I wonder if anyone else has this problem. I have a SharePoint list which i'm trying to display on a SmartForm sorted by Title or any number field (just not the ID column) and if there's say 20 items and i'm paging at 10, K2 only returns the first 10 items and then sorts them, not sorts them prior to returning them to the page.

So what this means is an alphabetical list of companies returns as follows

Page 1:

Company A (ID = 1)

Company D (ID = 3)

Company E (ID = 2)

Page 2:

Company B (ID = 6)

Company C (ID = 4)

Company F (ID = 5)

So all the first IDs are grabbed from SharePoint and then sorted and displayed.

This seems strange and also means we can't trust any sorting using the list views?

Hi,

This is a known limitation.
Depending on the use case, if applicable, are you perhaps able to reduce the number of rows returned to only the relevant rows via using input properties/filters and/or perhaps increase the paging such that all results will be contained on the first page?
This would allow for sorting on this page as it is the only page.
Or perhaps using the user's filter or Quick Search functionality for the time-being instead of sorting the columns.

Regards

Kallie

Thanks Kallie - I had a response from your support guys saying it was fixed in May 2017 CU, however we upgraded and are still seeing the limitation.

Hmm if we can't sort by a field, can we sort by having the latest documents/list items at the top, is there a workable solution to just reverse the page ordering by created date to have recent items at the top? 

Any plans to fix the paging or do you expect people to not really use it? We were hoping to fully move over to SmartForms from SharePoint forms but at the moment these list view limitations aren't providing us with that option.

Thanks,

Nick