Skip to main content

When I worked with K2 for SharePoint 2010, I used the SharePoint V2 Service to create SmartObjects for document sets and content types.  Whenever I created a document set with multiple content types, the SharePoint V2 service would create a SmartObject for the document set and for each content type in the set.  I am now working with K2 for SharePoint 2013.  In my SharePoint 2013 site, I have a document set with content types enabled.  I've "SmartObjectified" the document set using the K2 for SharePoint app.  Although the app created a SharePoint SmartObject for the set, it did not create a SmartObject for each content type.  Additionally, the SmartObject that was created from the document set contains all the fields from all content types.  So, is this behavior by design?  In other words, is it not possible to create a unique SmartObject for each content type in SharePoint 2013?

It looks like the only way to achieve this is to create your own SO for each content type, using the Get Document Metadata service method, and returning only the fields for each specific content type.

Hi Cj,

My query is somewhat simillar. I have a list where i need to have 4 Content Types (CT).

Unlike your approach, i created the CTs, then added columns and the "SmartObjectifed" using the K2 app.

I now have 3 views and 3 forms for each CT(thus 12 forms and 12 views in all) but just one object.

I my testing everything seems to be working fine, all the CTs items are saving data in respective CT and also WFs working accordingly.

So is this default behaviuor of the object? That is irrespective of the number of CTs it will create only 1 object?

Also, when will i ever need to create SOs for each CT independetly as right now i cannot think of a scenario i may face this issue.

Thanks

VerManiac