Populate String to Checkbox list

Hi,

I have a string like this Activation;CNPE;Conflict of Interest;Contract/Budget; from the view

and I want to load it into the checkbox list (subview LIke a picture below), Can someone tell me how do I do that.

thanks for you help.

15975iE2DC1441EFDA31C1.png

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi TTN,

What is your data source type? are you pulling the data from SQL?

It  just a regular string concat them together with ; separation 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

I though you could use stored procedure as data source of the checkbox list to split the string for you and return it as list:

examples:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23089579/how-to-separate-split-string-with-comma-in-sql-server-stored-procedure

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Populate-drop-down-with-each-item-from-picker-control/m-p/86365#M26606

Thanks, Mustafa.

To get around, I did repopulate the listview with the orginal smartobject list, then I set the filter.

If I set filter Operator to "equal" and Value to CNPE then it work, it display one item for me.

Howerver if I set the fitler Operator to "contain" and value to "Activation;CNPE;Conflict of Interest;Contract/Budget;" then nothing happen.

The result I want is 4 checkboxlist display on the screen. Is there away to fitler anything like this.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you have those values already seperated but you want to display only 4 of them? if yes, then just modify your filter.

Go to the populate action and configure advanced condition in the filter tab, example:

If that doesn't help then you need to create stored procedure to retrieve the data you need.

Thanks, Mustafa for your help.

However, My list string is dymanic, it can be 1 item or 10 or 20 items and so on.

And also the list value can be different all the time when I popup the subview.

Is there a way I can filter by seperate by semicolon ";"

Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

Unfortunately it's not possible, the only way I could think of is stored procedure.

Thank again for your help.

I guess I have to build the smartobject list then store the data in it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
Is not an option to categorise these entries? Because I am not sure about your business requirements.

Sorry, I am new to K2. I am not sure what do you mean by "categories" control. What control is this?

Do you have any example which I can look at

Thanks.