Skip to main content

Hi,

We need an assistance in package deployment. The k2 server (4.16x) on which the workflows were developed has a newer version than the development k2 server(4.12x)

On deploying a package created on staging server to the production server gives an error that - "k2 package and deployment does not support this version of the package. Update the solution file and redeploy."

Though I understand that upward compatibility is not possible on older versions, but we need some workaround other than upgrading or downgrading of the servers.

In below screenshot, left is production while right one is development

16995iFD9BCE39DFE07BEB.png

Things we tried doing as workaround were

1. Creating the package of staging server workflow from the K2P&D console on production, but it gives followinng error

13412i5C632A44D8157AA7.png

Let me know of you have any solution for this issue, that would be great help.

Also, if upgrading or downgrading is the only solution, we will prefer downgrading development server. Please suggest a method to do so without losing existing workflows.

Thanks !

Deeksha

•  

Hi Dee_

Thanks for your post on the Community, my recommendation here would be to upgraded your Production environment to the same version as your Development environment as I can see from your screenshot it seems that your development environment is on 4.7 where the solution was package up.

The error you are receiving make sense as you want to deploy from 4.7 --> 4.6.11 which is not possible.

Workaround

I would suggest restoring the Production database to a different Server and then perform the upgrade to 4.7 which will not affect current users working on the environment after this is performed, I would upgrade to 4.7 perform the deployment.

or I would recommend making a backup of your environment 4.6.11(Production) and then upgrading to 4.7 with will be in place upgrade.

Note I would not recommend downgrading as the support for 4.6.11 is end of life by the end of the year. So upgrading the environment would place you in a supported state still.

Hope this helps