Oracle Service Instance Registration Error

• 11 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +10

I have gone thru several related posts but nothing helped. Here is what I have done so far.

1. Downloaded ODAC and installed on K2 server from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/downloads/index-090165.html
  2. Tested ODBC from server. Test was succesful
  3. Restarted server.
  4. Tried to create Oracle service instance from Workspace. Error "Input String was not in a correct format". On wizard there was no option for input string.
  5. Tried to register Oracle service instance from Tester. Got error "Could not load file or assembly SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.Oracle". File is there on server and there is no "Unblock" option in properties.

Please see attached for more details. Any help is appreciated.

5 replies

Badge +7

Do you have access to the service tester tool on the server. To me this is easier.

Make sure you dont already have an Oracle service type refistered, you will see it in the list if so.

If not from the tester tool you would select register service type at the top and select sourcecode.smartobjects.services.oracle.oracleservice, choose a name like Oracle Service

Once the type is created, right click and select create service instance.

The basic settings are

Authtentication mode = Impersonate

Ower list = User ID usually

Connection String = Data Source=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=hostname.com)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=servicename)));User Id=userid;Password=passwordr;

I hope this helps.

Badge +10

I have tester tool on server (see item#5 in my original post). I got error while creating instance. 

I saw service type was already there. Should I delete it and recreate?

Badge +7

I would delete and recreate the service type if you dont have any other oracle service instances.

I hope this helps

Badge +10

I deleted service type and tried to add it. "Oracle" service is not even listed in dropdown, while DLL file is there on server.

Badge +10

Always reliable K2 support analyst resolved the issue. While installing ODAC using universal installer, option "ODP.NET and/or Oracle Providers for ASP.NET at machine-wide level" should have been checked. I reinstalled it with this option and everything worked.

Thanks