Skip to main content

Hi,

Just had this land in my lap today...

Workflow was working fine originally, but whats happened is:

The request is approved by the first Authoriser (that is stored as Name of Participant) in the K2 Studio Workflow. Then there is a second stage approval and usually that 2nd Approval overwrites the Name of the Participant (1st stage Approver) with the 2nd Stage approvers name.

But today, somehow when emails are sent, I include in the email, the datafield NameofParticipant, but its listing the 1st stage Approver, not the 2nd one.

Any ideas?

There is currently not enough information to provide any useful insight yet; perhaps some details regarding the process design and/or viewflow history may help.

a.  Is this (Authorizer/Name of participant) a data field that is being updated along with the workflow?

Something to the line of:

1.  Set [Authorizer] = K2:DENALLIXBob

2.  Task assigned to [Authorizer] , so equal to K2:DENALLIXBob

3.  Update [Authorizer] = K2:DENALLIXMike

4.  Task assigned to [Authorizer] , so equal to K2:DENALLIXMike

If somehow (Step 3 is not hit), via (Go To Activity or a another line); then it would remain K2:DENALLIXBob and the second task would still assign to bob

Looking at the Viewflow as a whole and the Viewflow Start activity may provide detail as to which path the workflow took and what is the value of the Data Field when the second task is hit.

Think i got to the bottom of it, but can anyone confirm this.

The system paramter used whenever anyone that approvers a request is called "Participant Name"

So if the 1st stage approver it... Participant Name = Joe

Then the 2nd stage approver approves it, will the Participant Name = Bob

In other words, is the Particiant Name overwritten if you have further approval stages in the workflow?

If so, i should be able to assign each approver to a datafield, but just need to know the score with Particiant Name.... ????

Ta

Thank you for the additional detail. I was not aware prior to this that you were referring to the [Participant Name] field of the "Worklist Item Instance" context browser that is only available during the configuration of a client event notification email:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpoint/userguide/4.6.4/webframe.html#reference-workflowcontextbrowser_worklist_item_instance.html

I believe this may be perhaps related to scoping, such that this field is only accessible while within the its own client event and email wizard scope. Perhaps similarly to a local variable:

ClientEventOne() {
String PartitipantName = Bob;
}

ClientEventTwo() {
String PartitipantName = Mike;
}

If that is the case and you will likely need to use a more publicly accessible variable such as Process Data Field(s), if you wish to use this field through the process in other events.