Skip to main content

K2HostServer.exe stopping

• 18 October 2016
  • 6 replies

Good afternoon

I am using a DEV license on a server, and after 2 or 3 hours, the K2HostServer program stop automatically.

Do you know how can i avoid this situation?

Thank you

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

I assume the K2HostServer is running in console mode in a command prompt window?

If so, are you logged on the server, and running this console mode in the background?  And then after ~3 hours the console windows crashes?

Or is this console running under another account's context that is logged onto the server?  If that user/account is somehow disconnected, that can cause any running application to also crash.

Badge +1

Yes, the situation is:

I login with service account

starting K2 DEV license

after 2 hours the the K2 Service is stopping

Is possible to have this service started?

Thank you

Hello, did you found a solution to this problem , i have exactly the same issue with a development environment

Hi Guys

I see there is no one saying they found a solutions to this problem as I have the exact same issue on my side where the K2 Service remaing on status "Starting" and refuses to be restarted thereafter.

Thanks in advance for your response.

"Happy coding"

I would suggest reviewing and implementing the hostserver logs to get an understanding of the error that is occurring that is preventing the K2 Service from starting. 

It's hard to comment specifically because there could be a myriad of different errors that could potentially cause this to not start.

Documentation around debugging: https://help.k2.com/kb003293

Thanks Mivaro for your response. What the HostServer logs is that the host server does not exists but does. The exception is as below, any idea what could be causing that

"241247033","20*personal details removed*:09:05","Error","General","0","ErrorMessage","SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostLoadBalancedServerManager.Poll","0 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): The server HostServerName:PortNumber does not exist. Please reconfigure or contact support.
Please create a master key in the database or open the master key in the session before performing this operation.