Skip to main content

Hello!

I'm in need of some help/advise.  I want to translate existing English built forms/view/workflows into 4 languages (Malay, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and Japanese). Is using the K2 Language Pack, the control set, the appropriate way to go about this translation? In the K2 tutorials, under the Language Pack section, under considerations, I'm seeing this bullet item: If a multi-language Form is required, the Form and the Form Views must be designed in one language then copied and modified for each of the other languages you wish to support. Direct the user to the Form in the user’s language choice. During installation of the K2 Language Pack, select all the required languages to ensure that the required resource files are installed for the languages you wish to support

Can someone please translate this to layman terms?

Would it be better to design the forms from scratch using this control set or can the control set be added later and what would that require?

Thank you very much!

Kali

Hi,

I think it means creating 4 copies of the original forms so each copy can be associated to the correct language. For your scenario, you will have 4 copies of the original form, you might have to do the same thing for the views. After that, you can update each copy of the form to match the required language selection.

Form - Properties Page - Save As option

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.1/default.htm#Create/Forms/FormPropertiesPage.htm%3FTocPath%3DCreate%7CSmartForms%7CForms%7CCreating%2520a%2520Form%7C_____5

Thank you! Second question: When it says in the instructions to direct the user to the form, is the platform choosing the correct form to view, based on the users internet language preferences or does it literally mean that I have to instruct each group of users of that language to use a specific form?

I am with a global company and am needing the platform to be smart enough to populate the correct form based on the users language preferences.

Based on the above, is this still the best solution and will it do as I'm describing above?

Thank you!

I would take it to mean that you would need to direct every user to access the form that suits their language, not one that would automatically detect their language settings.

You could create a language selection form that would allow users to choose the language they want to load the other form in. When they make their selection, the language selection form can navigate to the version of the form that matches their desired language.