Solved

K2 create dynamic smart object

• 15 January 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

In order to retrieve data/documents from a specific document library under a project template site ,i created a smart object from the tester tool and used the GetDocument method .

Now i want to create a new site from the site template, how i can use the existing smart object to retrieve data/documents from the the new document library library under the newly site created .

Please let me know if you need more information.

icon

Best answer by JohanL 15 January 2015, 12:33

View original

4 replies

Badge +10

Hi,

You can do this by making the Service Instance dynamic.

Edit the existing Service Instance for the SharePoint site using the SmartObject Service Tester Tool.

Change the Dynamic property to true and complete the update.

This will make a change to the service and will now add a parameter where you can specify the Site URL to use.

You will probably need to regenerate your smartobject after making the service instance dynamic, but it will add a property for the SiteURL which you can specify when calling the GetDocuments method.

Pass the URL of your new site to this property and it will then query the correct site.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

JohanL

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Please note that you should never do this when using SharePoint 2013/ SP Online (O 365). This setting does display, but is not supported, and will cause significant havoc in your environment. There is an open bug request to remove this setting from the UI to eliminate confusion.

Thanks,

Gail

Badge +6

Hello Gail,

so whats the best way to create a dynamic SMO in Sharepoint 2013.

Thanks,

CBTs

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Unfortunatly, this is still not possible today. The older components that supported the Dynamic SharePoint smartobjects was an entirely different architecture.

I see that you also created a Support Ticket that asks about this functionality. I'll make sure we get that linked to appropriate feature requests.

Thanks, and regards,

Gail