K2 blackpearl Core - Tutorial Issue: Temporary Access Application Stuck at Approval

• 31 August 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I'm running blackpearl version 4.7 (with August cumulative updates installed), and am doing the tutorial for the Temporary Access Application.  I'm in section 100EDI, Part 1 Workflows in K2 Studio, on Exercise 1, Part 3 - testing the application.

I've created the four requests, approved them via my task list in Workspace, but all four requests remain at the Approval activity.  If I use the Process Overview report, I can see the Approval activity has a Start Date, but no Finish Date; if I drill down on Approval, it shows Status of Completed, by my user, with a start and finish date.  If I drill into the Flow, I only see the Start in green; the Approval is blue, like it hasn't completed.  If I drill into Approval, Status is Active, but the Participants only shows my user, and indicates the Status is Completed, and Action was Approved.  It's like the flow is waiting on some other task/action, although it recognizes that I completed the Approved step.  There aren't any other tasks in the step - just the one.

Any ideas on what to check?

Thanks in advance for any constructive suggestions!

1 reply

A few other key points.  I'm using a SQL Server database that setup fine as a service instance - I was able to create my SmartObject using it.  Also, the email notifications that I got are missing the substituted fields, even though they show up in the Context Browser, and the email notification setup screen.  Finally, I noticed the Process Overview drill downs show a RecordID of 0, and the link in the email results in the error "SmartObject property ID is a required property for selected method Load.  Values must be set."  I already double-checked, and my RecordID was defined, and setup in the wizard for the Start step.

Any ideas?