K2 Blackpearl 4.7 Sharepoint integration

• 11 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I am having issues with sharepoint K2 integration lately. But I managed to reslove all the issues except for one, after I uninstall and re-install K2 app in site collection.

My only issue currently I am having is, whenever I upload a document in library my workflow which supposed to kick off is not working. Other Sharepoint smartobjects were able to communicate with that library and i am able to execute all the methods successfully on that Library.

When I looked at hostServer logs, I got the below:

0 SharePointRoleProvider.GetContainers: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An unexpected failure was encountered when contacting SharePoint to get information from the group provider "My Group Name": Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceCode.Security.Providers.SharePoint.TempPrincipalParser.get_ExclusionSet()
at SourceCode.Security.Providers.SharePoint.Shared.SPCsomClient.SourceCode.Security.Providers.SharePoint.Shared.ISPGroupProviderClient.GetContainers(IEnumerable`1 identities)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I looked at HostServer.Groupprovider table and everything looks fine.

Sharepoint Version : Online

K2 - 4.7

Any suggestion/Solution is appreciated.

Thanks.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi  @AnandVenkat1 ,

Could you check whether the SharePoint group in the error message has the permissions to start the workflow? 

To Start and View a workflow you need to configure the following:

In K2 Management, go to the Workflow Server node, and then Workflow, and select the workflow. Select Rights and assign Start and View rights to the user.

In SharePoint:

• App Catalog: Read

• SharePoint site: Read

• SharePoint site: K2 Solution Participants (Legacy)

• Group: Read

• SharePoint lists and libraries: Read and Edit permissions for users as required by the functions performed by the application on the SharePoint Lists and Libraries

Cheers,

Kimberly 

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.