How to change Workflow's sytem name?

• 6 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I have few workflows that were developed by different developers. Workflows have been originaly created under differen Categories in K2 Designer like [developer name]/Workflow Name. I was using Move To menu to move all workflows under single Category [Workflows] but after deployment to another server all workflows have been plased under original Categories like  [developer name]/Workflow Name. Looks like Workflows remain it's original system names. How to rename Workflows and keep it under single category after deoployment using K2 Deployment package?

Regards,

Oleg

3 replies

I believe, the best idea would be to get the actual source workflow solution to be first copied and created in the desired format in Visual Studio and then redeploy with the new name format.

Badge +6

Hi

When renaming a workflow process and deploying it, it then creates a new version of the process. Which then changes the name of the newly deployed process as a whole.

So by renaming and redeploying, you are already changing the system name.

Please run the script below and see what happens when you rename a process.

SELECT * FROM [K2].[Server].[ProcSet]

Badge +3

I have created K2 support ticket and support said once Workflow is created you cannot relly move it to another Category.  So, only way to move workflow to another category to create new workflow under correct category and delete old one. 

Regards,

Oleg