How to change the Destination Users for running workflow.

• 19 January 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I have to change the destination users for one of my running workflow. For examaple "Role A" to "Role B"

I have an activity on which Destination Users  is based on data field for example data field name is "TLRole"

How can I change the destination users for this activity at runtime ?

I updated the table "[K2].[ServerLog].[ProcInstData]" to set my data field (TLRole) = 'RoleB',  table updated successfully.

I checked the data field (TLRole) from workspace it is showing me updated value "RoleB"

But the task is still assigning to the old value of TLRole which is "RoleA"

And when I am reading this data field (TLRole) on the form by "open a worklist item" action it is bringing the old value for TLRole which is "RoleA" data field.

Please help me how to change the destination users for running workflow which is based on data field.

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Shah

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi Shah,

Firstly making changes to the K2 database is highly risky as you might corrupt the instance and cause K2 to behave irregualry, but here goes:

Making changes to the ServerLog schema will not affect the running instance as the ServerLog schema is only used by K2 for the workspace reporting. You would have to stop the process and change the value in the Server.ProcInstData table using the ProcIsntID. 

Again I don't recommend that you do this.

The supported way is to use K2 for Visual Studio Process Management, this will allow you to change process datafields and restart the process with the newly updated datafield values.

Kind regards,

Helgard Wagener

Badge +3

Dear Wagener,

Thanks for your prompt response.

How can I change the data field for specific workflow throgh K2 for Visual Studio Process Management.

I have more than 100 running workflow but I have to change the data fields only for 6 workflow.

Regards

Shah