Skip to main content

I want to change from using EWS to STMP for emailing of tasks and workflows.  Can I just eddit the K2HostServer.exe.config file in the Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin folder or can I rerun the setup manager again.

I have been trying to change the from address for workflows but it won't let me.  I have change thefrom address in the environment library, string tables, ConnectionStringEditor but the from address still does not change.

Will SMTP allow me to send using a different from address?

If SmartActions is enabled, it will use the email address (from AD) that is associated with the SmartActions account.  The SmartActions account is denoted by the 'self' node in the K2Hostserver.exe.config file:

<system self="K2:DENALLIXK2Service" enableListeners="True" allowAmbiguity="true" />

Thanks, I had already worked it out, and you are partly correct in this instance anyway.  Using my connection string editor I had to make the SourceCode.MessageBus.Ews.ExchangeWebServicesConnection and Destination stringsblank.  then I had to add the SourceCode.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection with our Connections string settings and it now works.

I also had to manually edit the K2HostServer.exe.config file to   <add path="SmartActionsSMTP" /> from  <add path="SmartActionsEWS" />

Restart K2 Pearl Service.

Hi Tama,

What you did is interesting. I have the similar case that your solution might be the solution.

If you don't mind, could you explain the solution in detail?

Thanks in advance.